Wed, Oct 27 | OLLI UM via ZOOM
A Taste for History: How Food Explains the World
This course will offer a culinary approach to world history, examining the role that food has played at various historical flashpoints, engendering migration of peoples, the rise and fall of civilizations, and inspiring technological innovation. Treat your appetite for learning!
Registration is Closed
Time & Location
Oct 27, 2021, 1:00 PM EDT – Dec 08, 2021, 2:45 PM EST
OLLI UM via ZOOM
About the event
- Week 1: A Loaf of Bread, A Jug of Wine and…: Starting the Civilizational Party
- Week 2: The Rice Revolution
- Week 3: Using Their Noodles Week 4: Trading Sugar and Spice—Not always so nice!
- Week 5: Bio of the Potato: Incas, Ireland, Idaho—and outer space
- Week 6: “Frankenfoods” and Food Insecurity in the 21st Century: More than a Matter of Taste?